Connecting your Livingston Parish utilities should be at the top of your “to do” list. The process in Livingston Parish is very different from our neighboring parishes. 

Livingston Parish Permit Office

29261 S. Frost Road

Livingston, LA 70754

(225) 686-3021

A few days prior to closing on your new home, you need to go to the Livingston Parish Permit office to obtain a permit for your utilities.  The Permit Department is responsible for issuing permits for all renovations, new residential and commercial construction (including but not limited to all electrical, mechanical and plumbing permits). The department also issues occupancy permits for all structures including the addressing of structures. Because Livingston Parish participates in the National Flood Insurance Program, the permit office is responsible for enforcing the Floodplain Prevention Ordinance to ensure that such development meets FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency) regulations to ensure the structure is safe from flooding. 


You CAN obtain your electrical permit PRIOR to closing on your home.  You CAN NOT obtain your water permit until AFTER you close on your home.    

Take your electrical permit to your assigned electrical company: 

Entergy: (800) 368-3749 
Demco: (225) 261-1221 (There is a branch located appx. 1/2 mi from the permit office 29444 Frost Rd. 225-686-2591.) 


AFTER you close on your home, you will take your “Cash Sale” document to your assigned water/sewer company:  


Ward 2 Water and Sewer

Corner of Lockhart & Carter Dr.

Denham Springs, LA 70726

(225) 665-5188

Hours:  Monday – Friday (8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.)

Town of Walker Utilities

Walker Municipal Building

10136 Florida Boulevard
Walker, LA 70785

(225) 664-3123

Hours:  Monday – Thursday (:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.)

Search widget

Find your next home

Your Home. My Priority.